Wednesday 24 October 2012

Eating invisible pocorn and drinking Cosmos on the bonnet of a car...

We thought it was about time we got some professional shots of us at the Vintage News, and we could think of no-one better than our good friend Hanson Leatherby (assisted by his girlfriend, the lovely Jeni) to take them. 


Our first stop was the amazing Worthing Dome cinema. It is the most splendid and sumptuous cinema I have ever been to.  The luscious, plush crimson seats, the gold balconies and mirror adorned walls really make you feel as though you have stepped back in time to when the studio system ruled the silver screen.  Add to that the fact that I had accidentally dressed as an usherette (albeit with a slightly more ostentatious hat) and you had the complete effect.  We had a lovely spot of lunch in the adjoining vintage tearooms before heading to our second location.


I was quite nervous when the photos were being taken at the cinema, but by the time we had found the perfect country lane for the second half of the shoot, I was more relaxed (the Cosmopolitan cocktail I had for a ‘prop’ may have helped).  Jeni and I had wisely sat in their car while the boys were outside in the cold setting up the shot.  The original plan of me changing a tyre (!) was quickly put aside and I chose instead to sit on the bonnet of our trusty car Betsy (I couldn’t very well do anything effortful like standing).


I’m so pleased with how the photos came out, especially the one above - I think Hanson is right, it looks like an Edward Hopper scene.


Thank you so much to Hanson and Jeni and the lovely people of the Worthing Dome for opening up the cinema early for us.

 ©Hanson Leatherby

I’d love to hear what you think of the pictures, feel free to leave a comment.

Look at the acting!

8 comments:

  1. Those are sodding fabulous photographs and you all look lovely, that Hanson is a genius.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, isn't he?! That's awfully kind of you to say, we're all really pleased with how they've come out. x

      Delete
  2. sadie, what a fabulous set of photos and glad I can now follow your journeys, I LOVE them!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Ilona, glad you've found me! How are you and how is your little girl? X

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, it's as if I have fallen into a time portal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharren, that's awfully kind of you to say. X

      Delete
  4. Mr Leatherby is a gifted chap, although I think his job was made a lot easier by such stunning subjects - you're all flipping gorgeous! And your hat - swoon...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - yours is perfectly lovely, I'm glad to have found it!

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruby - you do flatter us! I am rather keen on the black hat with the bow, but I should wear the red one more - that photo shoot is the only time I've worn it! X

      Delete